boyfriend addicted to dating sites - Internet dating in midland mi

This land lay in a floodplain and was underwater during the majority of the year.

It was the last of the county's townships to be surveyed, and the land was not offered for sale until October 1830.

In the winter of 1835 and early 1836, two brothers from New York plotted the area now known as REO Town just south of downtown Lansing and named it "Biddle City".

When announced, many present openly laughed that such an insignificant settlement was now Michigan's capital. Greenly signed into law the act of the legislature making Lansing Township the state capital.

With the announcement that Lansing Township had been made the capital, the small village quickly transformed into the seat of state government.

The 2010 Census placed the city's population at 114,297, making it the fifth largest city in Michigan.

It is mostly in Ingham County, although portions of the city extend west into Eaton County and north into Clinton County.

The settlement of fewer than 20 people would remain dormant until the winter of 1847 when the state constitution required the capital be moved from Detroit to a more central and safer location in the state's interior; many were concerned about Detroit's proximity to British-controlled Canada, which had captured Detroit in the War of 1812.

The United States had recaptured the city in 1813, but these events led to the dire need to have the center of government relocate from hostile British territory.

Many in the group too disappointed to stay ended up settling around what is now metropolitan Lansing.

Tags: , ,